Thursday, October 23, 2014

Aparment of 1230


 I woke up and felt the warmth of the sun and my cat on my face. Jane often liked sleeping on my head. I turned my head to look at the fading white paint on my wall, 
‘I really need to repaint everything one day’ the thought popped into my head.   
Getting out of my comfy over padded queen sized bed, I picked up Jane to look out the big windows that were adjacent to my bed, I looked out into the street, and there weren’t many people around.  I started looking around the room next to the windows sat my old red chair with my small bookcases surrounding it, There were several platforms on this book nook, for my cat. Scanning the room even more I found my dresser set and next to it was a coffee table and a huge mirror. My stomach rumbled, and I moved through my empty hallway to the living room. Looking at the two open doors that were on my way to the living room, one was my office, and the other was Tessa’s old room. The living room was lively, bookcases filled with family photo albums; pictures of my family, weddings, graduations.
We had a fireplace in which there were more pictures prompted against. 
“Meeeoooow” Jane meowed. 
“oh alright Jane, let’s get you something to eat”. 
We headed into the kitchen, which was a fading yellow color, it was small and none of the appliances were new. Walking into the pantry I picked up an oatmeal can and a cat tuna can. I opened both of them up, cooking my meal first, after I got a warm steaming bowl of brown sugared oatmeal, I grabbed Jane’s food bowl with the tuna, and set it out side on our small porch, there were plants covering the porch, but there was just enough room for two chairs and a small table to be set, there were bird feeders and humming bird feeders attached to a makeshift wood pole sticking out of the railing. 
“I remember when my husband made that, the kids were so excited to make new animals friends, It looks like it needs a repainting, maybe I should ask if Arthur would like to help me repaint everything".
I looked at Jane, then to the sky, pondering of when they would be free to do such a thing.





No comments:

Post a Comment